Regardless whether we speak of a start-up company, a mature company or a company that is about to be closed, the risk of a tax audit from the tax authorities is always present. We can say from personal experience that tax audit procedures are lengthy, time and resource costly, driving in some cases to a blockage of your accounting department.
If the auditors are at your door, there are still a lot of things that can be saved and done, even on the last mile.
Be smart and call for help. You'll thank us later.
In the same time, knowing well the legal framework and how to present the information and documents to the tax inspectors, makes the difference between a positive final decision, that does not challenge the tax base assessed by you, and a negative one, that burdens your company with additional taxes and late payment charges. We can help you in this respect by assisting your company with the following:
- Assistance for organizing and preparing the back-up documentation upfront, as a precaution measure
- Assistance during the tax audit procedure which can consist of accompanying you during discussions with the tax auditors
- Support with drafting the explanatory notes that will be requested by the tax inspectors
- Support for preparing the documentation that is backing up your tax position
- Support for preparing your company’s point of view towards the draft conclusions of the tax audit report
- Assistance with the preparation of the appeal to the tax audit report, which is a mandatory step before going to court.